Table of contents:
- If chocolate is your weakness, we present three recipes that you will love. In addition, we advise you to choose a chocolate that has at least a percentage of cocoa above 70%, since it fattens less because it has less sugar and provides more benefits for your health
- CHOCOLATE CAKE WITHOUT FLOUR
- DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- CHOCLATE CREPES
- Benefits of dark chocolate for your health:
Video: 3 Delicious Recipes For Chocolate Lovers
If chocolate is your weakness, we present three recipes that you will love. In addition, we advise you to choose a chocolate that has at least a percentage of cocoa above 70%, since it fattens less because it has less sugar and provides more benefits for your health
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITHOUT FLOUR
1/2 Cup of cocoa powder without sugar, and a little more for the pan
4 ounces semi-sweet minced chocolate
1/2 cup of butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 ° F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan and line up parchment paper on the bottom.
Spread a little cocoa powder on the sides of the mold and on the paper.
2. Heat the chocolate and butter in a heat-proof container in a water bath. Remove the container from the heat and stir occasionally until the mixture is melted. Then add the cocoa powder until a dough is created. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla and pour everything into the mold.
3. Bake for 40 minutes until the cake begins to grow, then insert a wooden toothpick in the center checking that it comes out slightly wet.
Let it cool in the container for 10 minutes and then remove the mold and the parchment paper and let it rest for an additional 45 minutes before cutting.
DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
4 tablespoons of water
1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
1/8 teaspoon of salt
2 large egg yolks
1 spoon of sugar
1/2 cup chilled whipped cream
1. Melt the chocolate, butter, along with two tablespoons of water, chili powder (if desired), and salt in a heat-proof container in a double boiler. Whisk everything gently until there is a uniform mixture and then remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
2. Beat the egg yolks in a double boiler in a heat-proof container for about three minutes, along with the remaining two tablespoons of water and sugar, until the mixture is frothy and hot. Then pour here the chocolate mixture that we already had and beat everything until the texture is smooth.
Then place the bowl of the mixture in a slightly larger one filled with ice water. Keep beating until the mixture has cooled to room temperature, about five more minutes.
3. Beat whipped cream in bowl until smooth. Add the chocolate and mix everything until everything is uniform in color and the texture is equal. Divide the mousse between 4 (6 ounce) ramequins or 4 custard molds. Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and let cool for at least four hours before serving.
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of water (for richer crepes, use a cup of milk and omit the water)
3/4 cup flour
6 teaspoons of white sugar
2 tablespoons of cognac or other brandy (optional)
2 tablespoons melted butter
FOR THE FILLING
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding
1 teaspoon of instant coffee
3 cups of chilled whipped cream
FOR THE SAUCE
4 ounces bittersweet minced chocolate
1/2 cup of butter
11/4 cups skim milk
21/2 cups powdered sugar
Preparation of the pancakes:
1. Mix the eggs, milk, water, flour, sugar, cognac (if you're going to use it), and a teaspoon of butter in a blender until the mixture is smooth and bubbles on the surface. Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
2. Heat a 6-inch skillet over medium heat buttered so the pancake doesn't stick. Add about three tablespoons of the dough to the pan until the bottom is completely covered.
3. Cook until bottom is golden brown, about 45 seconds. Carefully lift the edge of the crepe with a rubber spatula and carefully flip it over to the other side. Then slide it onto a plate and repeat the same action with the rest.
Preparation of the filling:
Mix the pudding powder, instant coffee and whipped cream in a bowl with the electric mixer until everything is thick. Then cool it until ready to use.
Heat the chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir the mixture frequently, until smooth and thick, for about 5 to 7 minutes.
Keep the sauce warm over very low heat or reheat it in the microwave before serving.
To mount the plate:
Put the pancake on a serving plate and add 1/4 cup of filling in its center. Then add two hot tablespoons of sauce on top and ready to serve.
Benefits of dark chocolate for your health:
1. It has calories, but at the same time it provides a large amount of energy to the body.
2.. The benefits that dark chocolate has for the heart is that it promotes adequate blood flow thanks to its antioxidants such as catechins, epicatechins or procyanidins.
3. It helps to lower blood pressure and improve circulation. Dark chocolate produces nitric oxide, a gas that helps relax your arteries.
4. Dark chocolate is antidepressant. It contains phenylethylamine, a substance that secretes the brain naturally which, curiously, is the same one that secretes when we fall in love.