Table of contents:
Low back or back pain is one of the complaints that most attacks women who remain seated most of the time or in trades that require tilting this area of the body. And it is that a back pain prevents you from performing well in your work, sleeping pleasantly and even carrying out daily activities.
For your well-being, the best way to overcome these pains is by performing exercises that help you strengthen this area, as well as adopting a proper and upright position that avoids discomfort caused by apparently comfortable positions, but which in the medium term are harmful.
Before starting any stretching routine, you have to be clear about meeting the following recommendations:
1.Avoid sitting for a long time.
2. As much as possible, don't sit on soft or deep sofas.
3. Avoid lifting any heavy object by leaning your body forward. The indication is to do it by flexing your legs.
4. Do not lift objects higher than your chest height.
5. When you have to bend down, bend your legs.
6. Opt for an orthopedic mattress for your bed.
Now, when it comes to exercise, personal trainer Paty Jordan recommends following this nine-minute routine to strengthen your lower back. They are very easy exercises to do, which do not involve much effort, but will bring you enormous benefits. Do it in the comfort of your home, at least 3 times a week.
6 minute routine to mark the abdomen (VIDEO)
More tips to follow
When you have been at the computer for a long time or other work that requires sitting all day, get up, stretch, walk and change positions frequently.
- When you sit at the desk or need to drive, make sure your knees are level with your hips.
- When you're behind the wheel of your car, adjust the seat so you don't have to strain to reach the pedals.
- If you must lift an object, get as close as possible to avoid leanings that hurt your back.
- When resting, do it on your back with a pillow between your legs. Keep in mind that women who suffer from low back pain are often for using pillows under the head. If you are one of them, try not to do it for two or three days to see if there is an improvement.
Other causes of back pain
A publication of the HolaDoctor site mentions that according to the American Family Physician, 75% of people suffer from back pain. The most common injuries occur when you move a piece of furniture, fix the garden or play sports. They recommend that you go to the doctor when you can not take more than four steps without pain, numbness or redness.
Take special care to wear that may develop in one of the discs of the spine because you could suffer from a herniated disc. These same specialists explain that if the sciatic nerve is affected, you will experience intense pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs caused by sciatica. The first treatment for this herniated disc is to rest with pain relievers, followed by physical therapy. When the condition is more serious, it requires surgery and a minimum recovery time of six months to one year.