Genetics, pregnancy, stage after childbirth, stress, anxiety, or even the death of a loved one, are some of the causes that could lead to depression. Most alarming of all, you as a woman are more likely to suffer from it than men, since for each of them there are two women with this disease.
Depression is not a simple illness nor does it distinguish social classes, so much so that celebrities are not exempt from suffering it. Such is the case of the Mexican singer Ana Bárbara, who was admitted in 2011 and put her pregnancy in danger at the time; as well as actor Jim Carrey, who recognized in 2010 that he suffered from depression and bipolar disorder. The comedian was very affected by his divorce with actress Jenny McCarthy. Like them, they have also faced depression crisis Selena Gómez, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina Jolie …
Those who have had depression know very well about the symptoms they suffer, but for those who are "new" to it, we tell you what they are so that you are alert. Of course, before diagnosing that you suffer from depression, it is necessary to determine if you have at least five of the following symptoms for two weeks and they should be reflected in your daily life.
Brushing your hair after a month, the hardest photo of depression and this girl shows it
1. Without spirit: Depression is not a simple illness, it is a condition that if not treated in time, can lead to death. If you feel sad most of the day, rest assured that you could be falling into depression.
2. Loss of interest: When you are sad, your mood changes completely. You become irritable even hearing the sound of your partner, coworker's voice, or even the sound of a favorite song. In contrast, you don't want to see anyone, what you used to like now seems stupid to you. The only thing you want is to get into your room, sleep and let everything around you continue without caring about it.
3. You feel isolated: Depression makes you fall into insecurities, you feel a terrible fear of going out and even being judged for what you feel. For these reasons, you go out of your way to hide what is happening, while defending hard and fast that everything is normal. In order not to disturb, you prefer to isolate yourself from your friends, your partner and even your family.
4. Difficulty concentrating: In your studies, and even worse at work, ghosts chase you, it is impossible for you to carry out your tasks with quality and you do not make decisions. All this leads you to feel guilt and helplessness.
5. Lack or excess sleep: One of the main reasons why women have depression is financial difficulties. Money is a factor that determines the happiness of many people. When they do not have enough due to loss of work or because it is not enough, stress leads them to this disease, which makes them sleep more, or sometimes even suffer from insomnia.
6. Physical disorders: Depression alters everything. Women like you love to eat, without obviously losing the line, although many times you forget about it in order to delight your palate, which is not bad. What is worrying is when you do it because you want to “forget” your sadness or on the contrary when you stop having an appetite. Neither option is acceptable when you are a victim of this condition. To make matters worse, you begin to have headaches and back, cramps and digestive problems. Watch out!
7. The trigger, thoughts of suicide: The person who is depressed feels that their problems are immense, they believe that they have no solution and that the only way out is to end everything.
One of the most famous and sad cases has been that of Robin Williams, who went through a deep depression that led him to end his life.
Depression affects anyone regardless of whether they are poor or rich. If you smile, but you are not happy; you cry, but there are no tears; you die, but you keep breathing, say hello to depression. Beware!