Table of contents:
"I am very full, what is for dessert?" That scene must seem very familiar to you! I know that eating is delicious, but the bad thing is to abuse the food and then stop eating for a whole day.
We are aware of your desire to lose weight, but stopping eating does not solve anything. In recent years, science has proven that fasting once a week, a month or a season is neither healthy to lose weight, much less to live better.
Gemma Sesmilo, nutritionist, explained the following to La Vanguardia: "Eating excessively, the overnutrition in which you live, leads to the development of diseases that worsen the quality and number of years you live."
The specialist accepts that a day without eating does not generate enormous drama, but lengthening it activates the body's emergency mechanisms to obtain energy. What's more, after the sixth hour without eating food, the body goes into ketosis: the sugar reserves are depleted and then the metabolism looks for energy in the fat deposits.
Stopping eating to lose weight has its pros and cons, said an investigation by the Heart Institute of the Intermountain Center, United States, after analyzing 200 healthy people who fasted for 24 hours. Of course, you have to be aware that this action caused more disadvantages than advantages.
1.You burn fat: The experts of this institute affirm that fasting causes hunger and stress, which causes the body to release more cholesterol and use that fat as an energy source, instead of glucose for a certain time.
2. The adipocytes decrease: They are fat cells that the less quantity you have in your body, the less chance you will have diabetes or blood sugar.
3. You gain inches in height: The American College of Cardiology in New Orleans confirmed that fasting generates more HGH, the growth hormone. This influences the physical condition of people and muscle growth. That is, in women fasting increases HGH by 1,300%, and 1,200% in men.
4. It is dangerous for the nervous system: The brain does not understand fasting or dieting, which is likely that poor nutrition causes damage to neurons, sometimes even being irreversible.
5. Brain without "fuel": When you stop eating for 24 hours, most tissues feed on fatty acids, but the brain has nowhere to go. Since there is no glucose in the body, neurons cannot function properly.
6. You eat more: If your purpose to stop eating is to lose weight, watch out! Avoiding food causes you episodes of anxiety and leads you to desperately search for fast foods, flours, desserts and sweets.
Read more gallery
5 foods you DIDN'T know fatten more than a hamburger (PHOTOS)
7. You get in a bad mood: It is logical! Impossible to start the day without having had even a cup of tea or a glass of juice and a snack. Skipping breakfast keeps you from concentrating and even solving simple problems. With the passing of the hours, this desire to eat increases and if not, it becomes stress, anxiety and bad mood.