Pumpkin is a delicious food that we consume a lot, especially at this time of year. But, do you know the properties of this vegetable? Did you know that it is an excellent beauty product? What is great for digestion? Get to know their amazing "powers".
1. Medicinal. The pumpkin can be used from its pulp to its seeds. The seeds have medicinal properties as an anthelmintic. Furthermore, it contains vitamins B, C, D, E, calcium, potassium and phosphorous. But how does your body benefit from consuming it? Pumpkin is a natural diuretic, due to its high water content. Therefore, it serves as an anti-inflammatory and anti-parasite, according to the You Tube channel Farmacognosia Temas.
2. Combat stress. Pumpkin is a fruit that, according to many naturists, helps to combat stress and anxiety. Boil a piece of pumpkin, add garlic - a natural product against high blood pressure - a pinch of salt and you will have a perfect meal to eat after a busy day.
3. Help against insomnia. Even Dr. Oz explained on his television show that pumpkin seed powder is a natural remedy against insomnia. “It helps to sleep and stay asleep, by increasing serotonin levels, which induces relaxation. Add one or two teaspoons of pumpkin seed powder to the hot milk and drink it 30 to 60 minutes before going to sleep,”says Examiner.com.
4. Relieves burns. From a remedy against burns, to a face mask to look radiant. These are other of the powers that you surely did not know about the pumpkin. Add water to a crushed piece of squash (raw or boiled and cold) and you can apply it as a cream against burns, explains Farmocognosia.
5. Natural moisturizer. Meanwhile, an article by CNN in Spanish states that since pumpkin contains beta-carotene, it protects our skin against ultraviolet rays. Plus, they share a recipe for creating a natural moisturizer. “The pulp is also an excellent all-natural face mask that exfoliates and softens. All you need is a quarter cup of pumpkin puree, an egg, a tablespoon of honey, and a tablespoon of milk. Mix the ingredients, apply them, wait about 20 minutes and wash with warm water, "says CNN in Spanish.
Read more gallery
6. Excellent for weight loss. Pumpkin has a high vitamin content, it is a diuretic and anti-inflammatory, which is why it is highly recommended in diets to lose weight. Furthermore, its caloric content is very low. Substitute a potato or a sweet potato for a piece of pumpkin and you will see the difference. Just add a pinch of vegetarian butter and you'll see how delicious. You will feel that you have eaten healthy and it will be worth it.