Table of contents:
- How many times has it happened that you plan a trip for months to another country, either to visit your family or on a tourist trip to Europe or Asia and suddenly, that pleasure trip becomes a torment because you get sick
- Among them I recommend:
How many times has it happened that you plan a trip for months to another country, either to visit your family or on a tourist trip to Europe or Asia and suddenly, that pleasure trip becomes a torment because you get sick
A key aspect to counteract these unforeseen events is preventive actions in terms of risks and incidents, to considerably minimize the chances of a disease occurring, as well as to reduce its effects and find suitable solutions.
What is the difference between osteoporosis and osteoarthritis? By Dr. Daniel Linares
As we all know, it is very difficult to predict what may happen during that long-awaited trip, but ultimately there are some ways to reduce the risk of contracting diseases during your trip, following some key tips before departure and during the trip.
Among them I recommend:
- Inject vitamin B12. It is recommended to start injections at least one month before traveling, as these injections are given one per week and the only way to get them is through your GP. Vitamin B12 will provide more energy and more focus.
- Carrying a bottle of multivitamins and another of vitamin C. Both significantly reduce the risk of contracting viral diseases.
- Do not forget to take antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin and azithromycin. These medications, respectively, serve to combat conditions such as severe diarrhea and infection of the respiratory tract.
- Pepto Bismol is also recommended, which is an excellent product to counteract diarrhea or in case of possible indigestion, due to the change of diet in other countries.
- In addition to Meclizine, which is a medicine that helps against dizziness caused by the feeling of vertigo on trips by plane, car or boat.
- Do not forget the hand sanitizer, either in liquid or wipes. It is recommended to use it all the time during the trip.