They decided that the time had come to start a family. So waiting will be the last thing they want to do. There are many factors that are related to fertility, several of them are controlled by Mother Nature, but there are others that affect us. Here I will mention the five most important steps to get pregnant.
- Get a complete checkup with your doctor: Months before starting the process, the couple should go to their doctor for a general checkup that includes blood tests and a prescription for prenatal multivitamins that contain folic acid, which will avoid defects in the spinal cord of the patient. baby, known as spina bifida.
- Pay attention to ovulation time: There are several signs and physical changes when you are ovulating, but it is not easy to notice them for all women, so I recommend to my patients to buy an ovulation "kit" online and follow the following steps: the first day of your period is considered day # 1, start on day # 9 to use the kit to test urine every day until it turns positive. Once you are positive start intimacy with your partner every day for the next 4-6 days.
- Forget about the position during intimacy: There are myths that say that certain positions during sex increase the chances of pregnancy, but they are only myths.
- Stay in bed for 10 to 15 minutes after finishing: When sex ends, stay in bed for at least 10 to 15 minutes, without raising your legs in the air, that's another myth.
- For men: 20% of all fertility problems come from men, so the first thing you should do is take your man to the doctor for a general checkup and a complete semen test. Also make sure that you don't wear very tight clothing, that you don't use the jacuzzi much, that you don't put your cell phone close to your limbs, don't drink alcohol, and that you don't consume edamames or soy products. All these mentioned factors decrease the sperm count in the semen, which is extremely important to get pregnant.