Long hours in front of the computer, the book or television reader, dry eyes, fluid retention, pollen allergy, sleeplessness or even crying are some of the most common causes that make the eyes swell. Worst of all, even if you take care of your eyes, this situation may happen to you just the day you have an event or meeting at work. For this you need to act immediately and apply a quick and effective treatment that makes them look rested.
Of course, before resorting to any natural remedy or medicine, it is necessary to rule out that you suffer from some type of disease such as blepharitis, a condition that swells the eyelids when the particles of fat and bacteria cover the closest edge of the eyelashes. This annoying condition causes irritation, itching, redness, stinging and burning of the eyes, explains the American Academy of Ophthalmology, which specifies that the basic causes of its appearance are: bacterial eye infection, symptoms of dry eye or skin-related diseases Rosacea.
The cheapest and most effective anti-wrinkle masks
Now, what homemade methods or recipes should I use if my eyelids are swollen?
1, Apply compresses made from cold chamomile tea bags; that is, place them after immersing them in the hot water in the refrigerator and then put them on your eyes or apply the liquid that comes off them with cotton. Your natural beauty will return little by little.
2. The typical cucumber or potato recipe that your grandmother used works. Place a slice of either of these two vegetables on each of the eyelids. Its properties decongest and refresh the tissues of this area of the face.
3. Place two tablespoons inside the freezer and, when they are very cold, put them over your eyes. Tolerate the temperature as much as you can to achieve the best results.
4. Get a gel mask through an online purchase or in a store. They are very fresh and useful, as they are kept at a pleasant temperature when stored in the refrigerator or bottom of your refrigerator.
5. When sleeping, use a pillow that allows your head to be slightly raised to facilitate drainage from the eyes.
6. Apply cream or a gel that is made from caffeine or vitamin K, these improve the functioning of blood vessels.
7. If the night before you went to a party and your sleep hours were less than the recommended eight, have a coffee or concentrated black tea, because the caffeine works as a diuretic, which helps you not retain liquids.
8. And if you still have after-effects of puffy eyes, being a woman, make up is your best ally. Apply shadows under the lower lashes and also curl them.
For their part, the experts at Hola Doctor advise doing certain exercises that mobilize the eyes and the eyelid area to activate circulation, such as:
No matter how busy you are if you notice that this area is inflamed, relax and blink often every ten minutes.
- Do eye exercises. Keep your eyes open and look up and down, from right to left. Repeat that procedure at least five times.
- Pinch your eyebrows. How? Yes, do it with your index finger and thumb, following their path. Repeat five times to activate circulation.
These dangerous masks are becoming fashionable (PHOTOS)