Table of contents:
- • Learn to define the shape of your lips
- • Choose the tone of the bar according to your skin and hair tone
- • To make them look smaller
Although the eyes are said to be the most attractive point on the face, we cannot play down the lips.
"I am convinced that lips are the key to a beautiful smile, so knowing how to choose the color with which we are going to paint them should not be taken lightly," explained Epy Joel, makeup artist and celebrity stylist and owner. from the prestigious Aymara Beauty and Lifestyle in Miami.
"It may seem like a simple task, but not all lipstick colors favor you the same way." That is why we ask him what we should take into account when choosing the color with which we are going to paint our lips. "You must first consider your skin tone, your age, the color of your hair and the size of your lips."
Once the above is identified, you must know how to paint them according to the effect you want to achieve.
On these points to consider, the makeup artist listed the following:
• Learn to define the shape of your lips
If you don't like to outline your lips with color, you can alter or highlight your natural shape with a transparent pencil; that is, you can make them larger or smaller as appropriate and improve their shape. If you do not have a transparent liner, you can choose colors from the nude or beige range.
On the other hand, if you do not mind using a colored eyeliner, use a shade that is the closest to lip color. It must be exactly the tone of the lip color because otherwise it will make you look older. By outlining, it blurs the initial line, inwards, seeking naturalness. Once you have the desired result, start filling.
15 tricks to get the features you want with makeup
• Choose the tone of the bar according to your skin and hair tone
For lips to be a perfect complement, they must be in harmony with the skin and hair tones. Taking into account that the rest of the makeup has also been applied according to those characteristics.
Blonde: For blonde hair tones you should choose from the range of browns, reds and ecru.
Trigueñas: Light pink and nudes.
Redhead: Look for rouges and corals.
Brunettes: Fuchsias, browns and beige. Contrasts are explosive.
If you are tanned: I recommend pastel shades during the day, always very soft. At night you can apply red and you will create a very attractive effect.
Now, let's talk about painting them according to how we want them to look.
• To make them look smaller
- Select dark colors like brown, purple, etc. Dark shades make them look smaller.
- Outline with a lipstick on the inside of the lip.
- Blend with a brush, inwards.
- Fill the inside with the bar.
• To make them look thicker
- Choose shades of beige, pink, soft shades that visually increase the size of your lips.
- Choose a liner in a light shade, similar to the lipstick you will use.
- Outline along the outer edge of the lip.
- Blends for a natural finish.
- Fill with the bar.
- Apply a gloss on top of the color to create the effect of more volume.