Although the armpits are not a part of the body that we constantly expose, especially during the winter to use long sleeves most of the time, having them stained or dark is something that bothers us and should worry us because although it may be for simple reasons to correct It can also be an indication of a health problem.
Before you do anything, I recommend that you visit your dermatologist to evaluate the causes. Once the reasons for health problems have been ruled out, then you should examine what you are doing that produces that darkness in your armpits.
Stains in the armpits can be produced by different factors, among the most common we can mention: hereditary, overweight, hormonal disorders, by the constant use of the blade, wax, excessive sweating, the continuous use of deodorants that contain alcohol, allergies, a bacterial infection, the accumulation of dead cells and even environmental factors such as sun and humidity.
7 hair dyes that you should use if you are brunette (PHOTOS)
Now, if you already have the spots, here I list some homemade recipes that can help you remove them. Important! None of these home treatments should be applied to the armpits if they are irritated or inflamed.
Also, you must bear in mind that the skin of the armpits is very delicate because it is made up of sweat glands, which produce the substances responsible for its characteristic odor.
To take care of them, I recommend the following:
Never shave your armpits dry, you must first moisten the area and apply a mild foam or neutral soap.
- Like the rest of the body, you must protect them from sunlight to avoid stains.
- Wash them with neutral soap and water daily before bedtime to remove perspiration-causing bacteria and deodorant residue so you can breathe freely.
6 hair dyes that will be in fashion throughout this year (PHOTOS)
To eliminate stains, I recommend these very effective homemade recipes.
- Lemon and baking soda mix : Prepare a small mixture of lemon juice and baking soda, apply to both armpits for 5 minutes and then wash them carefully. You can do it every day before sleeping.
- Another mix with baking soda: Baking soda is an alkalizing agent. Combine a tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, until you get a homogeneous mixture. Apply and rinse after 5 minutes.
- Lemon and glycerin: Another variant of using lemon to lighten underarm skin is to mix with glycerin and almond oil (in equal parts) and apply the mixture 20 minutes before bathing, every day. Be careful, you must be very careful with lemon remedies because they can stain the skin if you expose yourself to the sun.
- Oatmeal as a scrub: Mix oatmeal, lemon, and honey into a paste, apply the mixture to your armpits for an hour, and then rinse. This should be repeated twice a week.
- Yogurt: Mix two tablespoons of plain yogurt, two tablespoons of glycerin and the juice of one small lemon, apply daily before bathing. Before smearing the mixture, you should clean your armpits with olive oil.
- Sugar and olive oil: Mix one tablespoon of white or brown sugar with another tablespoon of olive oil and apply to the armpits for 5 minutes. Clean with plenty of warm water.
- Potato as a bleaching agent: Potato is a natural bleaching agent. You need a potato cut in half or potato zest, you are going to use this as soap in your armpits. It is recommended that you do this every day before bed and wipe yourself when you wake up or leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Cucumber and apple cider vinegar: To prepare the mixture, crush 4 slices of cucumber and add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply it on both armpits for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Aloe vera: It is a remedy used worldwide for the skin, since it has moisturizing, regenerative, antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Cut an aloe vera leaf in half and apply it on the armpits. Repeat this procedure for a few weeks.
- Oxygenated water : Apply volume 10 oxygenated water with a cotton pad every night with very clean skin in the affected areas. Leave to act for 5 minutes and remove with plenty of cold water.