Table of contents:
- Professional makeup artist and global beauty ambassador for Mary Kay, Luis Casco, told us how to get the ideal look for Valentine's Day
- SM: How can we create an ideal Valentine's look for a romantic night?
- SM: Besides the typical red lipstick, what other trends do you recommend for this day?
- SM: How can we highlight only part of our makeup if we don't have time to get ready that day before the date with our partner?
Professional makeup artist and global beauty ambassador for Mary Kay, Luis Casco, told us how to get the ideal look for Valentine's Day
This day is a very special date for those people who like to celebrate love and friendship and in which we usually love to dress up and dress for the occasion. And what better way to achieve this than by following the tips of an expert! We show you below:
SM: How can we create an ideal Valentine's look for a romantic night?
LC: A look with light skin and focused on the eyes looks very nice for a night like this. I recommend using a bit of highlighter mixed with your base to create a regal luster that looks beautiful both day and night. You can also use a powder highlighter which can be put on the areas of the face, neck and décolleté that you want to highlight. Also pay attention to the details that shape the face, such as the eyebrows and highlight them with products such as the Mary Kay's Brow Definer Pencil, and the eyeliner - Liquid Eyeliner Pen.
Another thing that looks nice is to use a blush of a pink and very feminine tone.
SM: Besides the typical red lipstick, what other trends do you recommend for this day?
LC: Focusing on the eyes and making them look more expressive is a nice way to highlight a Valentine's look. Use liquid eyeliner to create a cute cat-eye that makes your eyes look bigger and sexier.
* TIP: Create a fine line and stretch it by the outer corners to enlarge the look. It also applies a shade with a little sparkle to the eyes. A light shade that has a sparkle gives your eyes an unexpected "spark" and looks cute in person and in photos.
SM: How can we highlight only part of our makeup if we don't have time to get ready that day before the date with our partner?
Highlighter! Powdered or liquid. It is a way to add light and attention to your features. But I recommend not using too much or a very bright illuminator since if you exaggerate it it can look like grease on your face. The highlighter is something you can apply on top of your makeup to make it look a little more festive.
* TIP: Do not use highlighter on areas of the face that you do not want to highlight, such as areas where the pores are larger or where your skin usually shines if you have oily skin.
Subtle shine is something you can add to the eyes (for this you can use a gloss tone in the tear such as Chromafusion Eye Shadow in Crystalline or even on the lips with a gloss that has a little shine but still looks natural.
How to choose makeup tones according to your skin tone