There is always talk of what we must do to have beautiful and healthy facial skin; However, knowing what we should NOT do to our face is also very important to know.
In this article we have identified, with the help of the facial care specialist, Dr. Maribel Pedrozo, The Beauty Alchemist, owner of the Biobell Oriental MedSpa aesthetic clinic in Miami, 7 things you should not do to your facial skin.
- Do not apply sun protection: We know that unfortunately the sun, without protection, is a harmful element for the skin. This is why I always explain to my clients that "they should make sunscreen their best ally." The sun is the main cause of wrinkles. Apply sunscreen every morning and when you go to expose yourself a lot to the sun during the day, put it on again.
- Do not remove makeup: This is a great NO, NO! The doctor was very emphatic that it is very important to always remove makeup before going to sleep. "We should never go to bed with makeup because not only does it not allow the skin to breathe, but this can generate impurities and pimples at night".
- Squeeze the pimples: When you squeeze the pimples, what you are doing is increasing the infection, in addition to risking creating a scar, which are very difficult to erase later.
- Exfoliate too much or too hard: "The exfoliant is good for the care of our face, but you have to know how and when to use it," Pedrozo began. If you exfoliate too often, you can cause redness and irritation of the skin because the exfoliant contains microgranules that can damage the skin and increase its fat, "she added.
- Use anti-aging products on young skin: If you don't need them yet, don't use them. In this sense, being proactive does not apply. Note that if these products are used prematurely, it is very likely that the skin will become very fragile and thinner. “If you are not sure if you need them, since dryness or smooth lines are not always caused by aging, you may not be hydrating enough or you need a more moisturizing cream. When in doubt, I recommend that before you start using this type of product, you go to your dermatologist to evaluate your skin.
- Beware of make-up remover wipes: "Make-up remover wipes can dry the skin too much and not clean it in depth," said the specialist.
- Choosing the wrong products: Do not choose the products just because you see them in some advertisement or because someone recommended them to you. First you must know what type of skin you have and how your skin reacts to certain products; A dermatologist will help you choose what is best for you until you know your skin well.
Read more gallery
What the color of your eyes says about you (PHOTOS)