Table of contents:
- What are the basic measures that we must follow to obtain the expected results?
- How to care for eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are here to stay, because they not only minimize the entire makeup routine, but also help us have an impact look all the time.
What are the basic measures that we must follow to obtain the expected results?
We spoke about this with the specialist eyelash extension technique Antonia Rutherford, from the Miami celebrity salon, Avant Garde Salon and Spa and she was very emphatic on the importance of putting ourselves in the hands of professional specialists in this type of treatment, for reasons of health and aesthetics.
“It is very important that you put yourself in the hands of a properly trained person to apply eyelash extensions. Make sure that the products they use are of the highest quality, as the eyes are very delicate and susceptible to irritation if the products are not the right ones, "said Rutherford.
Once having the above under control, now let's talk about how we should take care of them to prolong and maintain the result offered by having well-applied eyelashes.
It is important to know that what is said is related to the fact that eyelash extensions make yours fall out. “Natural lashes come off naturally. When an extension falls off with your eyelash, it usually means that the life cycle of your natural eyelash ends and gives way to a new one, "added Rutherford.
" Each eyelash has its own growth cycle, which is exactly the same as that experienced by hair in other areas of the body and takes between 4 and 8 weeks to complete, and after each eyelash falls, it will take at least 2 months to that a new one be born”, added Antonia.
How to care for eyelash extensions?
Do not wet them for the first 48 hours after application to ensure that the payment finishes drying perfectly.
- Do not expose yourself to the sauna, avoid steam and humidity.
- If you wet them, pat them dry.
- Use hygiene and care products for the eye area based on “oil free” water.
- Use cleansing wipes: When removing your eye makeup, it is recommended to cover the area with a cleansing wipe and stop using cotton because it could weaken the extensions or damage them.
- Comb them so that they always look defined, use a brush for the eyelashes and brush over, this helps to avoid crossing them with each other, or looking irregular.
- Don't touch them too much. Once combed, avoid continuing to touch them.
- You should not use a mask or waterproof eye cleaner on the eyelashes because it can affect their correct union.
- You cannot use eyelash curler.
- Don't pull on your eyelashes, even if they're falling out.
- Try to sleep on your back to avoid damaging or crushing them.