Video: Know The Correct Order When Applying Your Facial Creams
With the creation of new products and techniques for the health and beautification of our skin, we must know that the order in which we apply it makes a big difference in the results. We consulted Dr. Maribel Pedrozo, a facial care specialist and owner of the prestigious Miami clinic, Biobell Oriental MedSpa, about this.
“Definitively, creating a facial routine that adapts to our skin can cause us great confusion. It is important that they know that there are always steps that we can omit, others are essential, products that we must alternate and others that are immovable, "explained Dr. Pedrozo.
“My recommendation is what has become known as“Japanese layering”, a great legacy of Japan in the culture of beauty. This technique is a facial routine that is based on the superposition of layers, which consists of interpreting each routine in a totally adapted and exclusive way, simplifying it only to those steps that are really necessary and ordering them appropriately according to textures and active ingredients, "he added. the specialist.
Now, what are the steps to follow?
Help your body produce collagen with the correct diet
"Personally I divide them into these steps: EYE, I recommend leaving rest for a few seconds to a few minutes so that the product acts and enters the skin.
We begin by carefully removing make-up to remove impurities: use the product that is most suitable for your skin type. Massage the makeup remover all over your face and remove it with lukewarm water and a face towel. This step is essential in all skin types; once a day if your skin is dry and sensitive, twice on other skin.
- Serum: rich in concentrated active ingredients and whose texture is very light to facilitate its absorption. It is not essential in young skin, but it is a very important step in middle and advanced ages. EYE, we must apply the serum gently, without rubbing the skin so that its ingredients do not lose efficacy, and leave it to act for a few seconds to a few minutes. Don't forget to include your serum before your lotion or moisturizer, twice a day.
- Eye contour: an essential that you can not miss. The skin around the eyes is one of the finest and most delicate on the body, and more prone to showing the signs of aging. Therefore, it requires a special product that keeps it well hydrated and cared for. I recommend applying it with the ring finger to light touches on the bone, always from the inside out.
- Hydrate: with a lighter textured lotion, for normal, combination or oily skin, or cream for dry, sensitive and mature skin. Depending on your age you will find different types of products.
- Sunscreen: "Let's make sunscreen our best ally", a mantra that characterizes Dr. Pedrozo. You must finish the application with your sunscreen. This is essential, "said the expert.
- Specific treatments: here we talk about solutions to specific problems and that it is not necessary to always carry out, such as facial masks. We could add sunscreen at this point as a final step if we are going to expose the skin to the sun.