Table of contents:
- When we have oily skin we think that the least we should apply to our face are oil-based products. However, speaking with Dr. Maribel Pedrozo, a specialist in facial care and known as "The alchemist of beauty", she explained that yes, because "there are vegetable oils that help us hydrate and nourish our oily skin as they balance and regulate the production of sebum and regenerate, hydrate and nourish the skin”
- This oil is also used in anti-cellulite and firming treatments
Video: Should I Use Oils If I Have Oily Skin?
When we have oily skin we think that the least we should apply to our face are oil-based products. However, speaking with Dr. Maribel Pedrozo, a specialist in facial care and known as "The alchemist of beauty", she explained that yes, because "there are vegetable oils that help us hydrate and nourish our oily skin as they balance and regulate the production of sebum and regenerate, hydrate and nourish the skin”
"Vegetable oils come from the seeds of some oleaginous fruits, so they have an oily appearance but do not leave our skin oily," said Dr. Pedrozo, owner of the Biobell Oriental MedSpa clinic in Miami. On the contrary, they regulate the natural balance hydrating and nourishing in depth. It is not necessary to take into account their proportions and they are true natural substitutes for industrial creams, only that instead of poisoning the body with dangerous synthetic substances, these products provide the skin with natural nutrients that stimulate its defenses. To use them, simply apply them to the skin as if they were a serum. I recommend applying a natural hydrolate as a tonic beforehand, "added Pedrozo.
Jojoba Vegetable Oil: Antioxidant Base
Jojoba vegetable oil is one of the most recommended as a base for making mixtures of vegetable and essential oils in oily or acne skin for the following reasons:
- It is an oil that is quickly absorbed (even in summer) and is not unctuous at all.
- It is a great antioxidant that stretches the shelf life of other oils less resistant to oxidation.
- Regulates the production of fat in the skin and has a great wealth of vitamins and minerals, so it offers the skin natural nutrients that stimulate its defenses. It also has excellent regenerative qualities, and is therefore perfect for acne-prone skin.
- It is excellent to use as a makeup remover if you have a tendency to accumulate oil on the skin.
Rosehip vegetable oil: Great regenerator
Vegetable rosehip oil, like the other oils we expose here, is a great regenerator. It is excellent to avoid wrinkles, stains, marks and scars, etc. This provides an enormous amount of natural nutrients, especially vitamins A and C, and gamma linoleic and transretinoic acids, and is an oil that is quickly absorbed without leaving an oily sensation on the skin.
Hazelnut Vegetable Oil: Sebaceous Balance
This oil is one of the softest and with a light texture that is quickly absorbed. On the other hand, it is traditionally used to regulate the production of sebum although, at the same time, it maintains good hydration.
Know the correct order when applying your facial creams
This oil is also used in anti-cellulite and firming treatments
Geranium essential oil: Fat regulator
In the case of oily skin, geranium essential oil is used, above all, because it regulates the production of sebum in the skin, it is a great regenerator, and we must not forget its effects on fat in the case of cellulite. The doctor recommends that it be diluted in a 2% vegetable oil.
Lavender essential oil: Essential
This is one of the few essential oils, along with tea tree and chamomile, that can be applied to the skin undiluted. It is also used in children's skin and in pregnant women.
Another of the remarkable qualities is that when mixed with other oils, it makes any combination of vegetable and essential oils more effective.
Neroli essential oil: Beauty
This neroli essential oil is a great ally for dull skin and provides great luminosity, in addition to hydrating and regenerating cells.
This oil should not be applied directly to the skin but diluted 2% in a conductive substance (vegetable oils).
Nerol hydrolate applied in the form of a tonic, not only refreshes and improves the general appearance of the skin, but also offers us an extraordinary aroma that delights anyone.
Frankincense Essential Oil: Purifying
Frankincense essential oil cleanses in depth. It has components that stimulate lymphatic irrigation and therefore release toxins allowing faster and more efficient skin regeneration.
It is not recommended to apply frankincense essential oil directly to the skin but diluted 2% in a conductive substance (vegetable oils).