Table of contents:
- The tendency to mold, enlarge, define or simply highlight some part of our face or body is becoming more common. However, it is also very common to fall into the hands of people who are not trained to apply this type of treatment and the results are disastrous and in some cases irreversible
The tendency to mold, enlarge, define or simply highlight some part of our face or body is becoming more common. However, it is also very common to fall into the hands of people who are not trained to apply this type of treatment and the results are disastrous and in some cases irreversible
We discussed this with the certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Alexander Zuriarrain, medical director of Zuri Plastic Surgery in Miami, and he explained what we should consider before undergoing any treatment.
"First of all, it is very important that we be sure that the doctor is duly accredited to carry out this and any other type of treatment that we wish to undergo. For this they must request that they present the certi ﬁ cation of the Council of Plastic Surgeons of the United States® (ABPS),”Zuriarrain explained to us.
Everything you need to know about lip fillers
Once confirmed that we are in the right hands, Dr. Zuriarrain explained the points that we must consider when we want to apply some type of fillers to our face or body.
1.) What should we consider before applying fillers to our face and body?
You should always consider each person's goals and the changes you want to see on their face. Each patient is unique and has their own goals.
- It is important to talk to your plastic surgeon about the product to be injected. Each product has specific effects and are used on certain areas of the face and body.
- It is important to recognize that a plastic surgeon has very advanced knowledge of the anatomy of the face and body, which leads to better results and less risk to the patient.
- Not all fillers are the same and you should go to a consultation with your plastic surgeon to discuss the details of each product.
2.) From what age can we consider applying fillers to different parts of the face?
After the age of 20 we can consider the use of fillers for certain parts of the face and body.
- For example, lip filling can be done at a younger age to improve the appearance of the lips.
3.) What can we improve with facial and body fillers?
We can improve the loss of volume of the face and body. A common example is gluteal atrophy that can be improved with the use of specific fillers for that part.
- Fillers help rejuvenate facial appearance by restoring volume in areas that atrophy over the years.
- Fillers are also great for increasing gluteal volume for patients who want to avoid a surgical procedure.
4.) What health conditions can prevent us from being candidates to apply facial and / or body fillers?
Some autoimmune conditions may be a contraindication to a treatment using fillers.
5.) How long does the effect of the fillers last?
The effect of fillers depends on each person and how their body metabolizes the product.
- In general, it can take up to 10 months to a year before the body dissolves the product.
6.) What can we do to prolong the effect?
The best way to prolong the effect of the fillers is to continue applying the product every 6 to 8 months so as not to let it disappear completely.
- By doing it regularly we are creating a continuous layer of filling.
7.) If the desired results are not obtained, is there any method that dissolves the effect?
The important thing about the use of hyaluronate is that it can be dissolved immediately with the use of hyaluronidase. Basically, hyaluronidase serves to melt the filling.
8.) What kinds of fillers can we use?
There are many companies that offer fillers that are based on hyaluronic acid.
- It is important to avoid the use of permanent fillers because they are very difficult to remove and can cause an incorrigible deformity.