Video: Survive 'Black Friday
Surviving and finding the desired items on Black Friday can be a good exercise if you are prepared in advance for this busy day in stores and for the incredible amount of special offers out there.
Many people look for toys, and the not-so-young look for deals on electronic gadgets. Many of us also look for clothing and footwear offers.
• If you live near outlet type stores , it is the ideal place to go shopping and spend well below the original price. These stores already offer discounted designer merchandise and that day they lower prices much more or do a two for one. The Crocks outlet, for example, offers one pair of shoes and one free; At the Gap and Banana Republic outlet, they offer 50% more than any already discounted merchandise.
• Department stores on Black Friday have what they call door buster deals, which is essentially a ridiculously cheap deal to attract customers inside the store. These offers usually have a specific time when they end, almost always between midnight and 7 or 9 in the morning on Friday. As the saying goes, "Whoever gets up early, God helps him."
• If you are interested in a particular item, search for the information beforehand. Most stores publish their sales on their websites from the week before Black Friday. It is recommended that you make a study of which store will offer the best price for the item you want.
• If you do a Google search and put the name of your favorite store with the words Black Friday behind it, it is a way of knowing if the store has already published its special for that day and you can study it in time.
• Some stores do cyber sales from Thanksgiving and extend them to what we call Cyber Monday. This is a simple and straightforward way to save without having to stand in line for Christmas shopping. In addition, there are exclusive online offers.
How to save at Christmas
• As a tip, check if the store you want to go to has a lower price on the Internet, some stores such as Best Buy, for example, will give you Internet prices if you take them printed or show them on your mobile phone.
• If you are going to buy in several stores, prepare the route that you will drive to avoid wasting time. That day is one of the busiest of the year on the roads near shops and there will be traffic.
• Wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you go shopping that day, you will walk a lot and you will make long lines. In addition, parking may be almost impossible to obtain and sometimes it is necessary to park the car several blocks away from the commercial shelves.
• Don't lose your good humor, remember that in previous years people who fight over items for sale have made news.
• Don't try to buy everything in one day, as many of the stores continue their special sales for several days after Black Friday; so if it is not an article that is going to end, there is no reason to get up so early.
• Remember to keep a budget so you don't get carried away by spontaneous purchases with the last minute offers and have fun shopping.